Your Ad Here

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Are You A Hardcore Music Lover???


If your answer for the above question is yes, then read on! Music is the food for soul and those who are music lovers know this thing very well.
A few days back I was sitting ideal. I had got bored with the chemistry chapters I had been flipping through. And nothing was seeming so interesting to do at that time. Something struck me and I placed a call to Nikhil. Actually, a day before we had been hunting for a pirated disk of the Hindi movie 'Rock On!' That day we couldn't get that and I was very keen to watch that, say at any cost. Alas! I couldn't get that anywhere. So I asked Nikhil to search for the movie once more and come to my place. When he was there browsing the movie disks at one of the movie rent shops, he got the movie we were searching for. He called me instantly and asked me whether he should get that. I told him that what a dumb question he had been asking.
He turned up with the movie within ten minutes. The disc was a DVD, there were also some movies which were not of our interest. And this was for sure that we couldn't see that movie at his place as he didn't have a DVD player. I have a DVD drive in my laptop. I pushed that disc in the drive tray and started praying for it to run properly. There is a speciality in my DVD drive, whenever you are curious about any DVD, it wouldn't let that run. And the same happened with this disc. Somehow, after many tries we were able to run the disc. I navigated to the movie we were searching for. I played it... And you know what???!!! That was a hall print i.e. it was recorded in some cinema hall with the help of a camera. You can just imagine how terrible the picture and sound quality would be. Well! Our curiosity didn't let us stop watching even that so a ghastly print.
Okay! That was a bitter part of the story. We started the movie with all the curtains down and the volume to its fullest, giving a cenamatic effect. The movie started with a good song. It was really a good start. Many of the people would have found this movie a bit boring due to all the silent acting of Farhan Akhtar, in the first half. But his role was that way. He did all the justice to the character. His three friends and he himself were a band. The name of their band was 'Magik'. It showed a clear picture of a typical Indian scenario. How they got separated and what was the reason for their seperation etc. Well! It was very nice to see them perform at the stage once again in their mid-thirties.
I loved the songs most. All the actors has almost made the characters life like. I would recommend this movie for all, but especially for those who love music most (if you are a fool like me, and haven't watched the movie till now). The songs in this movie have a good touch of western music, and these would for sure get you goosebumps at some instances. Enjoy! And get your feedback, back to me.

3 comments:

  1. arey ankur ji kaisan baaaa..haaaaa...
    pehle to diwali ki shubhkamnayein....
    jai mata di lets rock>>>>
    byeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:37 PM

    ur thoughts about indian rock scene are far from reality... however i am happy that atleast the movie got your curiosity going

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous: You may be right that Indian rock scene is far from reality, but I am glad that we are 'heading to' reality instead of sitting ideal. Thanks for posting in!

    ReplyDelete