Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Com'mon! Let's Imagine! Contd.






Hey! Have you got any idea what I had been talking about yesterday? Okay! Just chill! Let me make you understand it completely.

Let us imagine a situation. I see a man robbing a girl. The robber has a pistol and she is taking the belongings of the girl. There is no one around. Just as in Hindi movies, I grab the robber’s neck from behind, stealthily. The robber leaves the girl and starts over me. In the meanwhile the girl flees and I remain there to fight him. He points his gun towards me and with a flash I grab his gun, still in his hands. We start struggling for the possession of gun and somehow bullet is triggered. With the Bang of bullet you reach to the scene and you see a gun in my hands and a man dying on ground. You call police and I am taken under arrest. I try to tell the policemen that I am innocent. But just like Hindi movies they tell me that I’ll have to present my part of story in the court.

At the court, in absence of enough proofs I am accused of killing a person and I am also charged for having illegal possession of a gun. I am sentenced for a life imprisonment. I don’t know where the girl has gone, whom I had saved from that robber. Well! That is not important now. The important thing is that how would I spend my 14 years in jail and that too for saving a helpless girl.

Another instance: You ask your girlfriend for a date. You plan to have lunch at a restaurant. You ask her to reach there by one in the noon. It is certainly going to be a romantic encounter. It was time and you got out of your flat for plan of the time. Just as you started your bike you see a car hit a child and run away. No one comes to the rescue of child and you run to pick up the child. You ask one of the pedestrians to help you take the child to hospital. You get late for your schedule. There at the restaurant you girlfriend is waiting. When you get too late she puts you a call and talks in a very angry language. You try to make her understand a lot but she is not ready to listen a single word.

Now, what do you feel with these two instances? If you would have been at the lead role, what would you wish to?

Let’s have a look at the first case. Generally a person would beg for the faith in his statement, in the court of law. The person would simply think ‘if you could see the matter as I had seen and felt’ or ‘if you had been there then you would understand and believe’. This can be simply done by video shooting of the event or with the other measures. But just imagine about a video playing in your mind, with all the emotions which a person has felt while he was seeing that with his/her eyes. Or take it the other way. I transfer the memories of that event from my mind to that of the Judge. How would that be?

Let’s take the same thing in the second case. You transfer the memories of the date day event to your girlfriend’s mind. Then how easy it would become for you to make her understand? It would be the same way you saw the accident, the way you felt at that time, and your girlfriend is getting all that the same way.

Here my point is, wouldn’t it be revolutionary to develop a technology which facilitates this? What do you say?




No comments:

Post a Comment