Your Ad Here

Friday, September 19, 2008

Wireless Power..... Do You Believe This?


I had to go for Mumbai form my hometown Muzaffarpur. As usual I was asked to book tickets for either train or a flight. But at that time I was in a jolly mood and started on my bike. I hope you can imagine what a long distance that would be! Well! I had asked my Mum to pack up some home made snacks. You know; I enjoy those a lot. For the sake of luggage I had a backpack which contained my Laptop, a few clothes, a water bottle, an ultimate power survival gadget and off course a good stack of currency notes.

It was going all fine before I stopped at some village in MP. I took a brake for around 8 hours. And that time was spent mostly sleeping and surfing internet on to my laptop. On my GPS enabled handset I came to know that I am 350 Km away from Bhopal. Just then my laptop batteries gave up. I had no way to charge up. Then I started on my cell phone itself. After a lot of multitasking my cell phone started giving low battery signals. Then I took out the gadget, connected it to phone and put that on my belt. Just after this I started for my next stop. The whole way I kept on receiving phone calls, even when the battery was out. How is that?

At Bhopal I decided to stay for half an hour and dropped at a restaurant. I took my Laptop out and kept it on the table. After fifteen minutes I switched it on. Viola! The battery was indicating full charge. I shut that down, packed up and started for my next stop…………

 

These are not the talks of distant future. M2E is going to launch a product which will charge electronic gadgets with human motion, just in case; even your mobile phone. It is another point that the technology is in its infancy.

Well! About the charging of a laptop must would have seemed a miracle. But it is not! A new technology is in its development stage, called as Wireless Resonant Energy Link (WREL). This is a technology which transmits power without cords and is developed by Intel. Just imagine………… an antenna at the terrace of every home, supplying power. Can you imagine a world without electric poles and underground electric cables? Your home just as a cell phone. You wouldn’t ever need to push the charger into the socket for charging. What do you think about this?

Well! That had been all about what I came to know today. It is really stunning. Don't you think so? The picture besides this article clears a bit but not enough for us to understand. At first glance I just refused to believe this but with the help of Uncle Google my doubts are cleared. If you have any get cleared it soon before it hogs your brain to make you kill yourself. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:31 PM

    what happened to the other one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Dear Sir.

    I am neoseikan, the producer of Neofab Legion II, the brightest single LED flashlight. It has 742~748 real torch lumens.
    Would you like to introduce this new gadget in your articles?
    If you are interested, here is the link: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=191371
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete